February 11, 2010

Samantha's Baggie Book adventures and Briley's Valentine Box

Every Thursday afternoon I go to Willard Elementary and change out the baggie books for the afternoon Kindergartners and half of the 1st graders.  I signed up to do this at the beginning of the school year (before Samantha could walk!!).  I am in a room full of furniture and books, I think it is an old teachers lounge because there is a stove in there.  Anyway, there are toys for her to play with and I can shut the door so that she doesn't escape which is very helpful but I think she is always in search of  a bigger thrill than the week before.  She has hidden from me under the stacks of furniture that are in the room (it is seriously old desks, tables and chairs that are stacked to the ceiling in the corner of the room).  A couple weeks ago I could smell an odd burning smell and looked over to see that she had turned on all of the burners on the stove, and today this is what I found when I looked up from changing one of the books........
Does she look scared???  I think not...maybe she has a future in the circus as a tightrope walker!
I swear she is enough to give me a heart attack!  Notice the chair, how many times do you think she pushed that same chair clear across the room so that she could climb up and run up and down the table in front of the boxes of books...yep, that's right I lost track!  All I know is that it takes me about twice as long to do baggie books as it did before she could walk!

When she got bored with running up and down on the table she became very quiet and this is where I found her, trying to turn the knobs on the stove.  She is running away because she KNOWS she is in trouble!

Briley decorated a very cute Valentine box for school tomorrow but she would not smile and really did not want to show it off on the  blog so I am putting it on here anyway!  Maybe that will teach her to put her happy face on! :)

1 comment:

  1. Samantha is a little stinker!

    My most fondest memories of V-day was making my box and having a fun party, those were the days!

    ReplyDelete