Yesterday was a sad day at our house. Grandma Great (My Grandma McArthur, my kids called her Grandma Great) passed away early on Thursday, February 25, 2010. She was a wonderful example to all of us and we are really going to miss her. I know that she is much happier now that she is no longer stuck in a body that just couldn't do the things she wanted it to anymore. I just keep imagining the reunion she is having with Grandpa and Don and all of her family that she was been without for so long. We love you Grandma and are going to miss you but know we will be with you again.
I have to share a cute story about my sweet little Rachel. Yesterday when I told her that Grandma Great had died she said "I don't care, I am not going to cry!" I was shocked for a minute and knew that she was just trying to figure everything out. I told her, that is OK, you don't have to cry and she said "Well, I am going to miss her but I am NOT going to cry!"
A little later we were talking about Grandma Great and where she is now and I was explaining to her that she is with Grandpa and her little boy who died and that she is not sick anymore, she is healthy and she can walk and doesn't need oxygen any more and Rachel said "You know mom, that's good but you ARE still OLD in heaven."
That's my Rachel, gotta love her!
Kids say the cutest things and really suprise you with how much they take in and learn.
ReplyDeleteI was telling Eisley yesterday morning that Grandma Great had passed away and she was now in heaven and she said "Well, when we get old we will be able to see her again" And later that day I said we will miss Grandma Great because she was such a nice lady and she said " Yeah, it's better than having a mean grandma" Ha ha, Yes it is! :)