Rachel had an accident on her bike last night. She came running in the house crying and said I got me good this time! She had blood running down her face and off her leg. Good thing Brian was home because I kind of panicked, I do not like blood! Brian CALMLY took her into the bathroom and started cleaning her up. He was so patient and gentle. I don't know what I would have done if he wouldn't have been here. He got her in the bath and tried and tried to get the dirt and rocks out of her leg but it was hurting her and he just could not get it clean. She went hysterical when we told her she might have to go to the doctor. Brian bandaged her all up and we got her calmed down. After about an hour or so we decided that we had better take her and have it checked out. She was so nervous she was shaking all over. I took her to the ER and they were able to put some numbing cream on her and get all the dirt and rocks out of her leg. Dr. Gardner said that it was to contaminated to stitch so they left it open and bandaged her up. She was very relieved when he said she would not have to have stitches! She was so brave, she did not cry at all the whole time they were scrubbing her leg out.

No comments:
Post a Comment