April 23, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

We took our annual Lake Powell trip this last weekend.  After a bit of a rough start (trouble pulling the trailer and boat at the same time, mice in the trailer) we had a fun time.  The weather was beautiful and warm and we are all wishing that we could have stayed longer.

Samantha had been looking forward to the trip for weeks, asking Grandpa if he was going to Lake Powell with her.  I think she was a little confused because on the last day of our trip, she asked Grandpa again if he was going to Lake Powell with her.  She had a really confused look on her face when he told her that we were already there.

Rachel had a blast!  She was so excited the night before we left that she couldn't sleep.  She finally fell asleep after 11:00 and was awake at 3:00 am wondering if it was time to leave.  She couldn't wait to get there and play with her "best friend" Porter.

 Briley had fun also, despite having a cold the last couple of days we were there.  She spent time fishing with her dad and visiting with Grandma and Princess.

I am afraid/happy to announce that another one of my darling daughters has caught the fishing bug!  Samantha was totally into "wishing" as she calls it.  She picked up her pole as soon as we got in the boat and quickly announced to her dad - "I need a hook!"  Brian rigged up her pole and let her pick her own lure out of his box.  She was a little disappointed that he didn't have a pink one but she made due.  She entertained herself the entire time we were out on the boat with her pole.  When Brian caught a bass and was reeling it in to the boat she kept throwing her jig close to it hoping she could catch it from him.  Needless to say, I think she made her dad proud!


I love this picture.  All three of them casting off the front of the boat.


Rachel was content to eat licorice.  She is not too interested in fishing.  She kept begging her dad to let her dip her toes in the water.








This was at the end of the fishing trip for the day.  She was out!  She slept like that in the bottom of the boat all the way up the bumpy boat ramp after we put the boat on the trailer.

Dan and Porter

Briley's catch.

Not going to lie!  I was REALLY excited when I caught this 3 lb Largemouth.  The biggest one I have ever caught.  It was pretty fun!



I had to take a picture of the boat ramp.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It was quite a hike from the water to the parking lot.  Brian is the little speck on the right hand side about half way up.  He made this hike 3 or 4 times a day.

I took some crafts for the kids to do while we were there.  Here are some pictures of them painting bird houses and lizzards.  Samantha was totally into it.



Porter



No comments:

Post a Comment