September 08, 2010

The End of Summer.....

We went to the Gorge for the last time over Labor Day.  It is sad to see summer come to an end but we are already busy busy busy with school, dance, piano and everything that comes along with it.  Rachel is loving 1st grade (although she is not to impressed with school lunch and takes a lunch from home most days) and Briley is liking her new teacher and being in the 3rd grade as well.  Samantha and I are adjusting to being home without the sisters and have started a new adventure this week (potty training).  So far so good, she hates diapers so I don't think it will take to long for her to catch on.  The only problem is I cant find any panties small enough for her and they fall right off if she is not careful.

Here are a few pics of the fun we had at "Daggett Days" - Manila's Labor day celebration.  We went to the parade and it did not take long for Samantha to get the hang of picking up the treats they were throwing.  If you notice in the pictures, Grandma Elaine came to the rescue and found the kids a "Doggie Doo" bag to put their candy in because we forgot to take a sack with us. Too funny!!


Waiting for the Parade to start.
Picking up the candy!!!
The "Doggie Doo" bag.
I have always wondered what Hank Gutz looked like when we would drive past the sign for his Fishing Guide business in Manila.  I got to see him in the parade, so I had to take his picture.

1 comment: